The Pembroke Welsh Corgi is a cattle herding dog breed. It is one of two breeds known as a Welsh Corgi. The other is the Cardigan Welsh Corgi. Pembroke Welsh Corgis are famed for being the favorite breed of Queen Elizabeth II. Queen Elizabeth II has owned more than 30 during her reign. Pembroke Welsh Corgi has been favored by British royalty for more than seventy years.
Here are some quick interesting facts about Corgi:
- Corgis' ancestry dates back to the 10th Century
- Corgis are the World-Class Herding Dog
- A Pembroke Welsh Corgi named Rufus was the mascot for Amazon
- Corgis are the 11th smartest dog breed ranked by psychology professor Stanley Coren
- Corgis are the smallest of the herding breeds.
- Corgis are one of the most athletic breeds, as they were originally herders. They are shockingly fast runners.
- With insufficient exercise, Corgis will get overweight easily. (but that is why they are cute!)
- The Corgi name originate from the Welshmen and it means " dwarf dog"
- Corgis share Ancestry with Huskies. ( This is shocking!)
- Some Pembroke Welsh Corgis are born with tail naturally short or missing.