The most anticipated springtime event for Corgi owners and Corgi lovers everywhere is just around the corner – So Cal Corgi Beach Day!
First held in 2012 with the attendance of just 15 dogs, the word quickly spread about this, the cutest of all meetups, and now Corgi Beach Days are attended by thousands of four-footed-fur balls and their fun-loving owners. If you are planning a trip to Corgi Huntington Beach Day this Saturday (and we hope you are) we have some great insider tips to help you and your floof make the most of your time.
Arrive Early. We’re not kidding about attendance. People will be coming from all over Southern California (and even the world) so parking fills up fast. Corgi Beach Day officially begins at 10 a.m., but for a good spot, plan to be there at 8 a.m. or even earlier.
- Get the Latest. For up-to-the-minute information, follow So Cal Corgi Beach Day on Facebook for event details such as:
- Venue location and event time
- Program schedule so you can plan ahead
- Special offers from pet-friendly hotels
- List of vendors for all your Corgi gear (Don’t forget to visit us at the Nayo the Corgi booth!)
- Facebook Live events to get you amped up for the day!
- BYOPB (Bring Your Own Poop Bags). There are some pet waste stations provided at the event, but with thousands of dogs and so much excitement, accidents will occur. Please do your part to keep our beaches clean and maintain a good reputation for Corgi owners everywhere.
- Charge Your Phone. It would be a shame to miss out on a selfie with Corgi butts or a group pic with a Corgi squad because your phone battery died.
- Prepare for the Elements. It’s a beach, so the sun could be out one minute, and the winds pick up the next. Make sure you have what you need to keep you and your dog comfortable all day. Bring sunblock, a jacket, umbrella, chairs, waterproof bags, and some towels in case you or your pupper decide to hit the surf. (If you forget your beach towel, we also have them for sale at our booth.)
- Say Hello to Nayo! Look for our bright orange booth and come visit with us and other Corgi lovers as you shop one-of-kind Corgi dog accessories and gift ideas for Corgi owners - merchandise you can’t find anywhere else!
- More Tips for Corgi Beach Day. Check out these Corgi Beach Day Hacks from our friends at Healthy Spot to help you have the best Corgi Beach Day ever!